Friday, April 18, 2014

Lord save us all from a hope tree that has lost the faculty of putting out blossoms - Mark Twain



[COMMENT]$20? Are you kidding?

Hey look at that a new newspaper, the LA Register. The same company that is putting out the OC Register and the Long Beach Register that was debuted this time last year. Since the OC Register went to a pay wall I haven't seen it one time. I don't buy the newspaper. I do buy the LA Times Sunday occasionally. I also find it pretty important to be able to share stories, no can do with that pay wall, until the article is posted somewhere else days later, if at all. I heard McIntyre say that newspapers like the one he writes a column for make their money from people buying the paper. These people that buy the paper must be older than me and I'm 51. I have a smart phone, it's a new thing:). I barely turn the TV on. I get everything from radio and the web. I really don't understand a new newspaper that charges and also has ads I have to look at. It's a step back in time in my mind. I get the physical thing about a newspaper but by the time you get it, it's old news and pretty much only good for feature stories. I wish them luck but I just don't understand that in a time of the most advanced technology we have ever had someone would buy a newspaper. 


As newspapers struggle, Los Angeles gets another daily
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/16/us-freedomcommunications-los-angeles-reg-idUSBREA3F0NJ20140416


[RADIO]Stunning things in the news this week. Very hard to hear, some of it. Best coverage in my mind is McIntyre, Suits, Rush, Medved and Hannity and Hewitt. I flip around a lot. Can't go wrong with this line up. 



Hugh Hewitt interviewed author Johnathan Allen talking about this new book HRC about the history of Hillary. Three hours of interview that Hugh has generously posted on his website. I heard two hours of it Thursday and he will play the third hour Friday. Allen has the most comprehensive book about Hillary. He interviewed people that nobody had access to. This is a really important interview, especially if she runs in 2016. 







Glenn Beck Ramping Up A Film Studio, Planning Three Original Features
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Glenn-Beck-Ramping-Up-Film-Studio-Planning-Three-Original-Features-42615.html





Silicon Valley, Mike Judge's new sitcom, talks with Terry Gross on Fresh Air. 
http://www.npr.org/2014/04/17/304150243/silicon-valley-asks-is-your-startup-really-making-the-world-better






I turn on the radio on Tuesday at 9pm on KABC which I never do and there is Frasier Smith sitting in for Peter Tilden. He's talking to Malibu Dan who's taking calls and then Melrose Larry Green calls in. Can't get more LA old school than that. Too funny. Then Fraiser takes a call from supposedly John Lovtiz. He asks John if he has ever seen a lab grown vagina or a vagina at all. The funniest interview I have heard in years. He ends the interview with "I"m Peter Tilden". Then he takes a long call from from George Lopez. He said that him and Frazier have been friends for a long time. Just a wonderful interview. To turn on the radio and by accident hear Fraiser is just great. And then Gary Busey calls in and says he's hanging with Larry Elder. I'm sure you can hear this on the KLOS website. 




Barbara Eden. Great interview on a Chicago radio station, Really great history of her career. I worked at a place in Encino when I was a teenager called Two Guys From Italy. Barbara came in and had dinner. I was star stuck. She asked for some cream for her coffee. I ended up spilling it on her.
http://wgnradio.com/2014/04/13/i-dream-of-jeannies-barbara-eden/




Christian Bladt, Dennis Miller's great producer did and interview with Paul Stanley. Looks like a home studio.




A very important and insightful interview, transcript from the Hugh Hewitt show. Robert C. O’Brien From Gitmo At The Trial Of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
http://www.hughhewitt.com/robert-c-obrien-gitmo-trial-khalid-sheikh-mohammed/




Michael Medved had an author on with a new book about John Wayne. Scott Eyman's John Wayne: The Life and Legend.



Looks like the always unhealthy Artie Lange is in the hospital. I saw this on Twitter, don't know the details. He's a funny dude, god's speed. 



[QUOTE]Larry Elder was telling a story about talking to a liberal woman that did not know he was a republican, he said "You could have heard a rat tinkling on cotton on the moon"



[TWEET]KFI's stevengregory ‏@stevengregory
Amazing phone footage from inside restaurant where a firetruck came through the front entrance in 
Monterey Park, CA




[PODCASTS]

On WTF with Marc Maron
Jason Reitman and Ivan Reitman, that's big. 
http://www.wtfpod.com




[BUMPER STICKER]





[AUDIOBOOKS]The Audio Publishers Association hands out 35 Audie Awards from an unwieldy 
150 finalists next month. The list is online.
http://www.theaudies.com




[LA PHOTO]Dopes...with Hopes




[PLATE]






[TECH]
Join Vint Cerf, one of the fathers of the Internet, in a discussion about the Internet's past, present, and future, from April 2nd
https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c1ah7qch7j1h0e6613v1c94grbs





[ON THIS DAY]Wednesday was KABC Radio Michael Jackson's 80th birthday. This man taught me everyday about the middle east and soo many news stories. I had no idea what a Liberal was then at age 22 or something. Michael was a Liberal I found out many years later. He educated me on politics and I heard many great interviews. He had a 30 year run at KABC arriving everyday in slacks, a blazer and a tie. What an amazing broadcaster. Thanks Michael, I hope you are well and miss you on the air.

2003 Radio Hall of Fame inductee,
7 time Emmy Award winner, 6 time Golden Mike Award winner.







[CLASSIC RADIO]
A local host gave this to me about 12 years ago, wonderful radio. Henry Kloss - Model One






[PARTING SHOT]Did I miss a fucking meeting about the coffee? You can get every other flavor except COFFEE FLAVORED COFFEE! They got mochaccino, they've got chococcino, frapaccino, capaccino, rapaccino, Al Pacino, WHAT THE FUCK! www.whattheFUCK.com!!
- Denis Leary




[CONTACT]
Please send me a comment
losangeleslistener@gmail.com
Twitter: @losanglistener






No comments:

Post a Comment