Monday, November 4, 2013

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it - Buddy Hackett



[COMMENT]In the middle of the day while all this stuff was happening at LAX on Friday, someone on Twitter said "so when are we gonna say enough is enough?". And I don't know about you but I could tell where he was coming from. He's a big fan of Piers Morgan. It's all about those bad bad guns. I don't know when my 9mm will walk itself out of my house and go shoot someone, it's just a huge concern of mine. I mean seriously. I replied back and said to this guy, "Enough crazy people? I'm all for saying enough to that". He didn't reply back. This is about people, wake up! I was seriously thinking about the President lying about "If you like your doctor and your health plan you can keep them" might have really set this guy off. There are soo many people that are pissed off out there. These people in Washington don't do the job we sent them there for and people get livid. I'm sorry but I expect this kind of thing to happen and more of it. I think the next big thing will make Ruby Ridge look like a picnic in the park. Things are bad for the working stiff in this country and a lot of people just can't take it. Every one of these events makes it worse for our security and the well being of the public. It about people, not inanimate objects.



[RADIO]Listening to [Jim Ladd] on 100.3 the Sound reminisce about KMET on Saturday. Totally LA history. Great hearing Jim again and the other jocks. I'm not that familiar with all of them. I was just a wee teen lad when KMET was on the air. Jim Ladd was plugging away the fact that he's on SiriusXM, must have been part of the deal to have him on the air. I really didn't find it that interesting after about 10 minutes. I think too much time has gone now. I would wager this could be the last year this happens. I also listened to Doctor Demento, that was pretty fun. I was a huge fan as a kid in the valley.





New classic photo of [Jim Ladd] from Saturday


And [Dr. Demento] Sunday



[Joe Crummey] has a new book and was on the [Geraldo's] show in New York last week. He also reads part of his book. This on Sound Cloud.
https://soundcloud.com/plankmaster-1

This weekend I was reading Joe's book and it's just out of this world great. Talks about radio and religion and So Cal. Very straight forward writing, and very funny, like he is.




Posted by [Gary Hoffman] on facebook. Doing his great Sunday Morning News Show on KFI, sorry I woke up late and didn't hear it. That's Gary on mic and the great [Rob Archer] kicking back. I heard he might be filling in for Gary next week.




From NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday with [Scott Simon]
Fosse's Genius: Working Even As He Was Dying


Also with Scott Simon
It's a story about a band, but it's really good and they are from Texas.
Midlake Makes The Most Of Its Leader's Departure





[SIRIUSXM]Stunning news about streaming The [Art Bell] Show.
Art makes an important announcement concerning the future of the show. He’s concerned that the SiriusXM streaming mobile app and web player are not up to the job (1001 errors) and suggests that we (artbell.com) serve the program LIVE using other Internet streaming protocols (Icecast), to allow a more favorable listening experience and to allow the streaming of the LIVE program for FREE all over the world.

You would still use your SiriusXM subscription to listen to the archives on demand, and be able to download programs with your SiriusXM mobile app to listen while off line. The LIVE program would be available for 4 hours each of the 4 days a week via an alternative streaming service, on ArtBell.com, allowing a larger audience to call in and participate.
The answer to this question comes Maybe Monday.



[PODCASTS][Marc Maron] with [Sally Kellerman] on Monday. Book came out in April. She's the original Hot Lips Houlihan from the movie M.A.S.H.
http://www.wtfpod.com/




[BUMPER STICKER]My brother used to use this as a goodbye saying. Only he was referring to Tesla the metal band. He would say Peace, Love and Tesla and do the hang loose hand sign.





[AUDIOBOOKS]Have you heard the one about the Mother cooking breakfast for her children?, Johnny says. A joke from the book by Henry Buskin "Johnny Carson" I'm listening to the book on Audible.com




[LA PHOTO]Aerial view of Los Angeles Municipal Airport on Army Day, circa 1931.
Publication: Los Angeles Times




[PLATE]WLD CTZN
I'd like to think this is Wild Citizen but here in LA it's probably World Citizen. Ehhh what ever.





[TECH]Google finally revealed the full details for Android 4.4 KitKat, the next version of its mobile operating system.
http://reviews.cnet.com/android-kitkat/




[ON THIS DAY]1911 - Chevrolet Motor Car Company was founded by [Louis Chevrolet] and William C. Durant. Louis-Joseph Chevrolet was a Swiss-born American race car driver of French descent, founder of the Chevrolet Motor Car Company in 1911 and later, the Frontenac Motor Corporation in 1916 which made racing parts for Ford's Model T.






[CLASSIC RADIO]





[PARTING SHOT]“Romantic literature is in effect imaginative lying.” - Oscar Wilde





[CONTACT]
Please send me a comment
losangeleslistener@gmail.com
Twitter: @losanglistener






No comments:

Post a Comment