Thursday, August 1, 2013

“My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing will begin in five minutes" - During radio microphone test - Ronald Reagan



[COMMENT]The [Rush Limbaugh] Show Celebrates 25 Years in Syndication
http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/The-Rush-Limbaugh-Show-Celebrates-25-Years-in-Syndication-20130801

I wasn't always a fan of Rush. But you have got to hand it to him, he's got longevity. I remember him doing "the meeting of the mouths" in 1990 at KFI. Hosts Tom Leykis, Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Barbara DeAngelis, Tracy Miller & Joe Crummey got in the same room and just talked about whatever. It was a big event. You can hear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Zq3_N-v2A Rush speaks 5 minutes in. This is at a time where Rush only started his show 2 years prior. It's a real trip to hear.

Rush deserves all the praise for all the years he's been on the air. I still to this day know that the people who hate him, do not listen to his show. His show and the topics he talks about are backed up by real sources and are factual, some people just don't except that, those that do not listen. Today Rush played a tape of himself and his grandfather from 1991. It was his grandfathers 100th birthday. He revered his grandfather who was the coat and tie patriarch of his family and a life long lawyer. I had never heard this, very touching. Some people say that Rush is done. I think he will be around a bit longer. He's put in his time and has made a name for himself. One of the great broadcasters ever.




I've had it before. SiriusXM satellite radio. After I heard that [Art Bell] was coming back to radio I was sold. Plus I think I should have all the modes of getting shows even if it costs me $15 a month. When Sirius started in 2005 I got a satellite radio and hooked it up in the car and the unit was soo hot and I had wires everywhere. I hated it. Now I can listen on my phone and on my computer, and it's not really satellite radio, it's internet radio. You don't need to buy a radio. I'm just now looking though the lists of shows and I see that [Howard Stern] of course is there. And [Michael Smirconish], who is from Philly. I used to listen to him at night on KFWB News 98. It will take time to explore. Art's first show is Monday September 16th at 7pm pacific.



Listening to [Howard Stern] for the first time in years. He left radio in 2006. Howard has really embraced the uncensored satellite radio with huge long rants of profanity, it's funny. It doesn't bother me but I just never heard him talk like that before.


I listened to the interview with [Alec Baldwin]. Alec talked about his NPR radio show "Here's the Thing" and possibly making into a TV show. I like Alec, he's a great actor and love his radio show. I think he gets a bad rap in the media. I however think his politics stink, but hey I loved Sinatra even though his friends were in the mob.



This week for the first time I have connected my phone though an auxiliary port in the Toyota Matrix company car I'm driving, and it actually works. For some reason the port in my brand new Dodge Ram van didn't work. To not have to use my FM transmitter filled with static is a dream. Beautifully clear and loud, hallelujah!



[RADIO][Art Bell] returning to radio with SiriusXM show about the paranormal called....."Dark Matter" Can't wait. First guest I'm looking very forward to is Richard C. Hoagland. The one surprising thing to me is that he's doing the show from Pahrump. He was living in the Phillipines with his new family. I thought he would be doing the show from there. How strange it must be to bring your new wife and kid into the house where Ramona lived, wow.
http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_23757348/art-bell-returning-radio-sirius-show-about-paranormal



[Dennis Prager] has put out a new 5 minute video for Prager University. Dennis talks about the American Trinity. A must see.
The American Trinity 2nd Edition
http://www.prageruniversity.com/Political-Science/The-American-Trinity-2nd-Edition.html#.UfsZ9tLVB8E



From [Fresh Air] a book review - 7 minutes
'My Lunches With Orson' Puts You At The Table With Welles
http://www.npr.org/2013/07/24/205145841/my-lunches-with-orson-puts-you-at-the-table-with-welles



[QUOTES]"[Senator McCain] is a menace" - [Mark Levin]




[PODCASTS]Listening to [Marc Maron] interview [Thom Yorke] from Radiohead. I think Yorke is an interesting guy. He has a great sense of humor and he's very open about his life. He does inject his left wing politics in a little like everyone is out of their mind unless they believe what I think.... thing. Marc recorded this at some mansion that [Houdini] used to own on Laurel Canyon. Its worth a tumble. http://www.wtfpod.com/



[TECH]Google Relaunches Zagat’s Website And Mobile Apps, No Payment Or Registration Required
http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/29/google-relaunches-zagats-web-site-and-mobile-apps-no-payment-or-registration-required/



[PLATE]MTNMOJO




[ARTICLE]I Guess I'm Sick - by [Alison Rosen]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alison-rosen/i-guess-im-sick_b_3684553.html
Alison does the news on the [Adam Carolla] Show




[THUMBS DOWN]CIA polygraphing operatives to keep Benghazi secrets
http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/01/report-cia-polygraphing-operatives-to-keep-benghazi-secrets/






[SEEN ON THE ROAD]





[HEARD THIS]The Southern California Broadcasters Association reports Los Angeles radio revenue has grown 2.6% in the first six months of 2013 with 11 ad categories up double-digits. Even more noteworthy is new business development, with nearly $30 million of new business son the books this year.




[PARTING SHOT]I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. - [Groucho Marx]






[CONTACT]
Please send me a comment
losangeleslistener@gmail.com
Twitter: @losanglistener







No comments:

Post a Comment