Friday, July 19, 2013

The Freedom of Friday



[COMMENT]Change. I'm back to a morning shift and will be up very early and listening. Trying to figure out when I will be able to write this blog that I'm so attached to writing now. It usually takes me a couple hours to gather material and write this. And maybe this next week I will hear something other than hosts talking about the Zimmerman trial. Enough is enough. We have so many other things to talk about. Sliding into summer lots of hosts here and there, taking days off and some cool hosts filling in. This may be a week where I have listened to less talk radio than I have all year. The saturation with this trial is just ridiculous. I don't think I have ever seen a week in talk radio like this. Even hosts that I like, like Rush talking about Rachel Gentel two days in a row. Talk about a waste of airtime. The voice of reason is still Mark Levin. Mark just does not tow anyone's line or care about being criticized. I'm hoping that people in radio are talking about a future of radio that would include more entertainment. This all politics all the time needs to be tamped down. More Phil Hendries, more comedians. Monique Marvez sitting in at KFI was really great. I was with a female co-worker all day today and she has no idea what is going on in AM radio or podcasts or anything. It amazes me when I talk to people like this. I think AM political radio is stigmatized. It's unfortunate. I think it's been such a huge learning resource in my life over the years. But I think it needs to change. Entertain me!



[RADIO][John Phillips] at KABC sits in for [Larry Elder] Wednesday while Larry goes on CNN with [Piers Morgan]. John lands an interview with [Jesse Jackson]. A tweet from Larry says @larryelder

"For 20 years, Rev.Jackson has refused to come on my radio show. I take the day off to do Piers and, viola, he's my replacement's guest"

Interview with Phillips and Jackson.
https://soundcloud.com/johnnydontlike-com/rev-jesse-jackson-speaks-to






[Larry Elder] Explodes At Piers Over Zimmerman: You’re Condescending, ‘Stupid,’ Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself! Article and video of the interview.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/larry-elder-explodes-at-piers-over-zimmerman-youre-condescending-stupid-should-be-ashamed-of-yourself/



Former New York Governor [David Paterson] joins AM 970 The Answer where he will co-host with [Curtis Sliwa].



One of the best guests back in the day with [Art Bell] was [Nick Begich]. He was on Coast to Coast to talk about the shut down of the Air Forces HAARP project in Alaska. This is has been talked about for a long time. Nick has a new TV show airing this week.

http://www.arrl.org/news/view/haarp-facility-shuts-down






Voice of America could air in the US as anti-propaganda law is dropped
http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/16/4529184/us-ends-smith-mundt-propaganda-ban-bbg



Better than reality; more than make believe: radio’s re-creation of Baseball
Posted on July 19, 2013 by Bob Mason
I’m not making this up: every time a player hit the ball, the announcer whacked the block of wood. He wasn’t just announcing, he was re-enacting; no, more than this, he was recreating, or actually creating a new representation of the game, in a newly created dimension of reality, all the while passing it off to his audience as the traditional game itself, the old ball game.

The guy who did this 1957-1959 was named [Les Keiter], a legendary sports announcer who was perhaps the only person ever quite up to pulling this off. Keiter was endlessly enthusiastic about everything. When [Willie Mays] tripled and slid into third ahead of the throw, Keiter would trumpet in supremely thrilled satisfaction: “He beat the ball, He beat the Ball!!”
http://radiosurvivor.com/2013/07/19/better-than-reality-more-than-make-believe-radios-re-creation-of-baseball/




[QUOTE]"I would never pay attention to information given to me by media, radio, whatever, about a high profile case until the jury says what it says" - [Bill Cosby]



[ONLINE]'House of Cards' makes Emmy history receiving first top nod for online program. Also a great show with [Elizabeth Moss], Top of the Lake gets a nod.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/07/18/house-cards-makes-emmy-history-receiving-first-top-nod-for-online-program/


TALK RADIO APP GETS $5.4 MILLION IN FUNDING




[PODCASTS]Author [Brad Thor] on with [Adam Carolla]. Adam also talks about raising almost $600K for his new movie online.
http://adamcarolla.com/brad-thor/



[PLATE]HOWL



[THUMBS DOWN]"I'm Speaking Now For All White People... I'm Sorry" - [Chris Matthews]



[PHOTO]Goodbye to West Hills.....for now.





[PARTING SHOT]“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - [Lao Tzu]






[CONTACT]
Please send me a comment
losangeleslistener@gmail.com
Twitter: @losanglistener





No comments:

Post a Comment