Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Role of Talk Radio in Election 2012



I haven't written in a while. So caught up in the news and election. But this weekend is huge to me. And it's been said, it's the biggest election in our life time. Sounds cliche, but it's true. On Friday I heard Dennis Miller say that he has never seen this country this divided in over 40 years. I agree. I had a co worker tell me I was posting lies about a factual graphic I posted. One thing in the graphic was that 23 million people are out of work. She said it was a lie. What are you going to do with people that just watch MSNBC and John Stewart for their news?

I think all these are facts that can be proven. And probably from sources in this government. These are things that are real.






I was thinking back to when I first started listening to talk radio in the mid 80's. I was listening to Michael Jackson (from South Africa, not the singer) on 790 KABC. I listened in fascination as he talked to Alan Dershowitz about Israel. He was a frequent guest. OK so I'm like 23 and I have no clue. I thought it was really interesting and Michael Jackson was very compelling. I started to learn. The more I listened the more I learned. This takes years. I didn't know what the hell a Democrat or a Republican was. Both my parents were Kennedy Democrats I was told. So I was indoctrinated into the whole "it's about the little guy" as my mother would put it. I was learning and finding out about what had happened in history and getting an education on Geo Politics. It took me till 911 to change my view.


It's funny you hear some people say "oh man you listen to Talk Radio? It has to be said, if you don't listen to talk radio and think it's biased and think that it's bad and evil, I know why you think that....you don't listen. For over 30 years I have listened to talk radio and have gotten a college level education. I think the value of talk radio can not be understated. Most of talk radio is conservative and one thing that the left doesn't realize is that everything that is talked about is sourced. These hosts from Rush to Hannity to Medved to Hewiit to Levin are not making stuff up and spinning it, they are reporting and commenting. They source all their material and have a wide variety of guests on from Congressmen and Senators and media people and new media people. The value of Talk Radio is huge and people that think it's crap are just partisans. Remember that line from Letterman? O'Reilly asked him if he watches Fox News...he said "Why would I do that?" People have strong strong opinions with no information. That's just wrong.


I wanted to write this to say thank you to all the people that have pushed the conservative agenda and have made a difference. I think Mitt Romney will be a great President. I think he has the potential to be an even better President than Ronald Reagan. I have never in my life seen two men more decent run for this office. And I gotta tell you, I have done my homework. I have read my ass off. I know Mitt Romney, I know he's a decent person and so do many many other people. I am not a person to be drawn in so easily. If I thought someone had even a hint of corruption I would never support them. I'm confident that people all over this country see how decent Mitt Romney is. One thing that Americans do well is see clearly, well at least half of us do!



- JP




No comments:

Post a Comment