Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not Bad For July



The first thing this morning Dennis Prager has one of my favorite guests on, David Horowitz with his new book. This is from Wikipedia:
David Joel Horowitz (born January 10, 1939) is an American conservative writer and policy advocate. He is a founder and current president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center and edits FrontPage Magazine. Horowitz also founded the organization Students for Academic Freedom, whose self-stated goal is combating "leftist indoctrination" in academia. Horowitz was raised by parents who were members of the Communist Party USA. Between 1956 and 1975, Horowitz was an outspoken adherent of the New Left before rejecting Leftism completely. Horowitz has recounted his ideological journey in a series of retrospectives, culminating with his 1996 memoir Radical Son: A Generational Odyssey.


All morning I was seeing tweets from Michael Medved and KRLA saying tune in at noon and Michael will be talking about the upcoming Olympics. I tweeted Michael saying "if you talk about the Olympics I swear to god I will go listen to Sean Hannity, don't do it!" Michael comes on at noon and starts talking about the election like it was a second choice, I kind of got that vibe. At 1pm, no Olympics, 2pm no Olympics. I'm not saying it was me.....just saying. People listen to feedback more than they used to, I hope.

So after my pissed off blog about Tom Leykis last week I finally turned on his show today only because he posted that he would be talking about the Dish Network Via Com fight. He starts the show by saying "thanks for your posts and your tweets and your communications", that's seems very different than last week. Kind of surprised me. And then went into how he thinks these companies are dying. It was thoughtful and interesting. But what he never said was what I talked about in my last blog. The broadcast on AMC of Breaking Bad and the quality or anything, he never mentioned it! Look Tom is great when he's doing thoughtful shows like this but I will not be buying his new sweatshirt:





Then tonight I turn on KFI at 7pm expecting Tim Conway Jr's return and Hallelujah! Who do we have here? Comedian Greg Proops! Oh yea. Love this guy. Go check out tonight's show on demand. http://www.kfiam640.com/player/?station=KFI-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=TimConwayJr.xml&mid=22265846
This guy is really funny and did one great job. He also does his own podcast at: http://gregproops.tumblr.com/



One other odd thing. On Fresh Air Monday night Terry Gross did an interview with the very bright but very strange writer Aaron Sorkin. He was on talking about his new show called News Room. He talks about his growing up, West Wing and how he did coke and all kinds of things. Interesting guy but out there. http://www.npr.org/2012/07/16/156841165/aaron-sorkin-the-writer-behind-the-newsroom?ft=1&f=13

- JP



No comments:

Post a Comment