Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pandora has 2 million listeners in the L.A. area


I have not used Pandora but it sounds like I should check it out. In this article it says it's making huge head way in LA. Terrestrial radio has got to be sweating.


Pandora and Music Royalties
Kevin Allman on how Pandora and other Internet radio companies are paying Louisiana musicians more than conventional radio ever has. By Kevin Allman

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/pandora-and-music-royalties/Content?oid=2001193

I was forced to listen to all the AM stations and a little NPR for the last few days. I got my company vehicle back from the mechanic, thank the lord. You can really get used to the power outlets in a vehicle and when they are not there you got nothing. AM radio I swear to god the commercials are the same old ads that have been running for years it seems are going to eat my brain. Mike Diamond please for the love of god stop it, I don't care if you smell good.

I did listen to Tom Leykis at 3pm and he was talking about Travon Martin and how George Zimmerman probably was "looking to go out and kill a black guy". I re-listened to this at midnight tonight and got the exact quote. That is exactly what Tom said. I turned it off, that's just way over the line for me. Try you again tomorrow Tom.

This morning I'm told KRLA had automation problems and had a couple instances of dead air. Should be fixed now. Dennis Prager had on Jonah Goldberg of National Review talking about his new book The Tyranny of Cliches: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas. He's a really good guest and super smart. He has kind of a funny laugh though. He was everywhere today. Where else did I hear him? Hannity? Prager was on with Michael Medved today. Always love hearing Dennis. I'm looking forward to hearing Adam Carolla talk about the appearance with Dennis in San Diego this last Saturday, Dennis mentioned that it went great to a sold out house, about 1400 people. Dennis said today that Adam is one of the funniest men in America. This photo is just out of this world great.


The big story of the day was the releasing of the video and audio of the Kelly Thomas beating and death. I tuned into John and Ken for a short time. I heard the audio and was just destroyed by it. I'm not sure I can watch the video. I was part of the protests and have met and talked to Ron Thomas the father and it's a very intense subject for me. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-kelly-thomas-20120508,0,5787840.story


In other news Rush is thinking that their are people out there since the death of Junior Seau that will be trying to sell that his head injury was the reason he killed himself and that these people will use this to try to end football, especially in colleges. I can see them using this to sully the game and make that argument. I think people have been trying to find a reason to end this game for a long time. I love football. People want to voluntarily do for big money, let them.

I saw this today. The Daily KOS has some Liberal Talk radio Show on Sunday nights:
"Meanwhile, some like myself wonder why at least half the population hasn't taken it to the streets from sea to shining sea in defense of vaginas everywhere".We're Live right now - Sun. 9pm-Mid. Pacific Time!  417-717-1272 is your Show Ticket. We do the anti-Rush Show every week at this time.  Right Now!  Sun. 9pm-Mid Left Kos Time! Oy Vey!

Couple tiny bits here.

Doug McIntyre said this morning (I'm not usually up early enough to hear him) That a book called "The Power Broker" about Robert Moses "one of the greatest books I have read in my life" http://www.amazon.com/The-Power-Broker-Robert-Moses/dp/0394720245

KFI has a new name for when they throw it to the traffic center "From the Summit General Insurance Traffic Center" that deserves another Oy Vey!

Charles Krauthammer on with Dennis Miller on one of the worst phone lines I have ever heard on radio. Dennis was in mid sentence talking about the Solicitor General and said Solicitor Genitals. I don't think I have heard him laugh that hard in a long time. Dennis also referred to Obama saying "This has really been such a Kardashian President."

Hugh Hewitt "why does no one read this best book on Al Qaeda "The Looming Tower"

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment